Each piece of equipment in your list will be assigned a status:
- Available: not currently assigned to a claim.
- In-Use: currently assigned to a claim. Equipment will be marked “In-Use” as soon as a user places it on a claim. It will be marked as “available” again when a user removes it from a claim.
- Retired: visible in your equipment list under account settings, but not available for field users to place on a claim. Equipment that is retired can be made “available” again if needed.
You can filter your list based on status.
Equipment can be retired or deleted as needed. “Retiring” means that the equipment will stay in your list in case you need to make it available again in the future. “Deleting” means removing it from your list entirely.
*Note that you can’t retire or delete a piece of equipment that’s In-Use.
To retire a piece of equipment, click the 3 dots off to the right, and click Retire. Once it's retired, field users will not be able to place it on a claim.
To make it available again, simply click the 3 dots and select Make Available.
To delete it, click the 3 dots and select Delete. Once a unit has been deleted, you won’t be able to make it available again. So only use the Delete option when you’re totally done with equipment.
You can update multiple units at a time.
- On the left column, select the units you want to update (select all by checking the box at the top of the column).
- 3 dots will appear just above the table.
Click the 3 dots, and then select Retire, Delete, or Make Available.
Equipment that’s marked In-Use can’t be retired or deleted. It must be removed from the claim first.
- Simply hover your mouse over the status and you’ll see which claim it’s on.
- Click Go to Claim. This will jump to the equipment page for that claim and you can remove it from the job.
When you return to the Manage Equipment page in your settings, the unit will now be “Available” and you can retire or delete it.
You can edit a piece of equipment by clicking on it from the list (click on the blue model name).
From this window, you can mark it as a rental, update the Asset Tag, update the status, or delete it.