Contents of this article
- Benefits of Encircle U Micro e-learning
- How to join
- How to log in and get started
- Managing your team with Encircle U learning
Encircle U is a structured online training system that allows a learner to take micro e-learning content at his or her own pace and return where they left off, if unable to complete the course in a single session.
It helps them to track their own progress and understanding of the lessons.
Managers can track the progress and performance of their staff enrolled in the courses. The learner will receive certificates of completed courses and in some cases CE credits.
For Mobile Staff - The Encircle U has been designed to be “mobile-first” - such that mobile field staff can learn the Encircle mobile app in small 2 to 5-minute lessons without having to block large chunks of valuable operational time.
For Office /Admin Staff - Encircle U is presented in small logical sections that help you get the most from the desktop web app.
Some courses qualify the learner for continuing education credits and are identified in the course list.
- Fast and engaging microlearning - can learn while on the job
- No need to schedule and interrupt large blocks of operational time
- Learn at your own pace
- Interactive and engaging
- Test your understanding
- Resume lesson where you left off
- Handy and easy to find lessons
- Updates are routinely added and rolled out with administrative need
- Management can ensure all staff are enrolled and progressing in the training
How to join
Speak to your Encircle account manager or success manager and they will guide you through getting your department set up with access to the system. Contact Encircle Support if you are unsure how to connect to your Encircle success manager.
How to get started
You simply log in to Encircleu.com and select a course to take. The system guides you through the journey of getting trained quickly and consistently.
1. Enter your Username - typically the same as your Encircle account.
2. Enter your Password - provided to you from your Encircle Success Manager.
3. Click Login.
4. Click Forgot password to be emailed a password reset link.
After login, you'll see your personalized dashboard with fast access to:
1. Resume any current training courses.
2. Courses that you are enrolled in.
3. Launch a course.
4. Available course to enroll in.
After starting a course:
1. You'll see the content listing of the course.
2. Click Resources to view or download course-specific resources and guides.
3. Click Start to start the chapter or module. Note for most courses each training module is available sequentially upon completion of the prior module.
4. The module will open, click Get Started.
The course will typically contain a short instructive video lesson.
5. You can play or pause the video lesson.
6. When it is finished you can click the arrows to progress to the next lesson which is typically an interactive exercise or quiz, followed by a review.
7. Upon completion the module will instruct you to close the window, (clicking the X in the top right corner), to return to the course navigator.
This returns you to the Course Navigator where you can:
8. See your overall progress in the current course.
9. See the modules you have "completed".
10. Start the next module.
11. Click the menu to return to the dashboard or other options.
Managing a team and getting user performance reports
Ask your Encircle account or success manager for help getting your staff performance reports delivered as an automated email at a routine interval.
How to download a course to work offline
If you’d like to take some courses “offline” you’ll need to download the Absorb mobile app and then log into the app to take your course. You need to download a course when you are “online”. Thereafter the course will be available “offline”