In this article:
Notes are ideal for capturing in-depth details about the structure and the loss for your room documentation. This is how you want to capture your detailed close-up photos and make specific call-outs for things like Pre-Existing Damage, Cause of Loss, Structural Damage, and so on.
We suggest that you use notes to capture the bulk of your structural photo documentation. Having your images clearly labeled with supporting commentary will make for a strong final report that tells the story of the loss.
Types of Notes
Here are some common examples of room notes:
- Pre-Existing Damage
- Source of Loss
- Structural Damage
- Contents Damage
- Discovered Damages & Changes in Scope of Work
- Health & Safety Concerns
- Date/ Mitigation Complete
- Equipment Setup
Adding a Note
- Tap the + button.
- Select Add Room Note.
- Input a title and/or description.
(Optional) Add media by tapping one of the media icons.
- to take photos or videos with your camera.
- to add media from your device gallery or elsewhere on the claim.
- Tap Save to save and return to the room.
Using Note Templates
Your org may have some custom note templates set up for you to use for common items such as source of loss, structural damage, pre-existing damage, etc. These templates are pre-filled with certain information to make your entry as fast and easy as possible and ensure critical info is not left out.
To use a template in your note, follow these steps:
- From within a note, tap the template icon (a little sticky note with a paper clip). This will open up a list of custom note templates that your org admin has set up. (You can use the search bar up top to find what you're looking for if needed).
- Select the template you want to use. OR...
- Tap Preview to see the full note template (use the side arrows to browse the other templates).
- Tap Use when you find the template you want to use for your note.
- Fill out the note - you can add or remove information to the pre-filled text as needed. Add media to your note if desired.
- Tap Save when done.
Editing a Note
- Tap the 3 dots at the top right corner of the note.
- Select an option from the menu.
- Edit allows you to update your comments or add/remove media.
- View History shows you the edit history of the note.
- Delete erases the note.