This article is meant to be a cheat sheet guide of the documenting steps upon site arrival. Hyperlinks to specific actions will open in a new tab.
Prior to mobilizing for the site visit, it is a good practice to open the claim and review any images/videos from the policyholder and any notes from the claim admin or PM.
Preparing for the site visit
- From the Claim Inbox, open the claim.
- Review any images or video from the policyholder
- If your team has added Claim Notes, Site Notes, or Instructions, you can view them by tapping on the General Notes tab.
- Review any documents that may need to be updated or signed.
- Add any documents that may be needed for signature.
Arrival to Site
- Add Exterior photos to the "Exterior" Room.
- Add a Note of any pre-existing conditions of exterior and property access using photos or videos.
- Add or update General Notes related to job or site instructions as required.
- Obtain any needed signatures on documents.
Documenting Pathways to the Affected Areas
- Add a Room such as Entrance or Hallway etc.
- Add Photos, Notes with photos, or videos of any pre-existing conditions of the pathways.
- As an alternate approach, create one room called "Pathways to Affected Areas". Add Photos and or Notes, ( photos/videos), of pre-existing damage for an area and use Title and Description to label it.
Documenting the Affected Areas
- Add or open the Room.
- Take overview photos of the room. Start on the left, panning to the right, and build a panoramic view with about 6-10 photos.
- Take a short 15- 20 sec video of the area and speak to the details that you see.
- Add Notes (using photos or video), related to:
- pre-existing conditions
- cause of loss
- resulting damage to the structure
- resulting damage to contents
- Add a Sketch of the area and enter significant details.